Sunday, September 4, 2011

Betel : Day 5

On Day 5, Mary Alice & Kent took us to the Cotswolds and Stratford. If you aren't familiar with the two, let me give you a little history lesson. The Cotswolds are a section of England consisting of hills, and little villages. The buildings were built in the 18th-19th century so the architecture is quite old. Mostly built with limestone, the buildings have a very magical look to them. A new school was being opened so we ran into a lot of festivities.
Stratford is the home of Shakespeare. Once we finally located the church where he was buried we had to wait because of a wedding taking place. Actually I didn't mind waiting, I enjoyed watching. The English certainly know how to dress for an event! The hats were exquisite! Most of you know I have a hat collection so to see the variety of upscale hats rocked my world.

I needed to exchange my money. I had never seen British money so
I was thrilled. Come on, you have to get excited about the small things in life?!

Celebration of a new school opening.The children attending the school
put on a performance before the ribbon was cut.



The lama on the right was probably the funniest looking animal ever.
It looked like a deranged, stuffed animal you might find at a yard sale. Lol.

Looked like an entrance into The Secret Garden.

Traditional Cotswold house. Amazing huh?

I must say their idea of scarecrows is definitely scary.

This church was insanely old.
Inside were more festivities and crafts for sale.



One of my many tea times on this trip. Our waitress was so cute!

Linda shared my love of tea. Oh how I miss her.

This team was different in so many ways but grew so close because of our same passion for Jesus Christ. These people will stay in my heart forever.

Cricket game.


There was another festival going on at Stratford. It was an exciting day!


The church were Shakespeare is buried.

The detail was amazing. I'm telling you, it's all about the little things in life!

As you can tell, there was a taller person in front of me during the wedding
but I managed to capture them the best I could. The wedding was such a site to see!




They were even more stunning in person.

There were so many beautiful boats there for the festival.
The view was like something out of a movie.

Lynette and I, loving life.

No comments:

Post a Comment